Monday, March 19, 2007

Porcelain Predicament

I find this happens to me a lot:

I am in an unfamiliar place, and I severely need to visit the restroom. I head off in a random direction until I see white-tiled flooring through a crack in a door. I charge inside, and begin to relieve myself. But suddenly, my satisfaction is abruptly interrupted by the thought:

Am I in a women's bathroom? I can't remember seeing the sign on the door...

I stand there terrified, until I realize that it's very unlikely that the women's labortory has urinals. Relieved in more ways than one, I proceed about my business.

Is this experience exclusive to me, or does any one else find themselves frequently going through this routine?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

ok. ok. ok. I know this is an old entry but I have to say. I always do that!!! "I know I just checked the front door but did i think about it when I checked it? My mind was on something else...maybe I didn't register that it actually is unlocked"
"I know that i turned the stove off, but did I really? I may be pulling up some dusty memory from turning the stove off 11 years ago and transposed it to now"
Sorry... I am still slowly savoring your archives and this made me laugh at the absurd truthfulness of it!!!